2013 Parish Social Ministry Regional Training
PSM Regional Training in Spokane-Coeur d'Alene
"Saints in the Making"
November 1-2, 2013
The Coeur d’Alene Hotel, Coeur d'Alene, ID
Parish Social Ministry Regional Trainings are weekend conferences for parish and diocesan leaders to learn more about the Catholic social mission and to discover effective strategies to respond to need and injustice in the parish.
The training provides the opportunity to:
- renew your sense of personal and collective call to follow Christ’s example;
- deepen your understanding of the theological and spiritual foundations of the Catholic social mission and its manifestation in parish social ministry;
- develop leadership skills effective in parish social ministry; and
- connect with people and resources in your diocese and region.
National Presenters include:
- The Most Reverend Blase J. Cupich, Bishop of Spokane
- Reverend Larry J. Synder, President & CEO, Catholic Charities USA
- Dr. Patrick McCormick, Professor of Religious Studies, Gonzaga University
- Sheila Gilbert, President of the Society of St. Vincent de Paul National Council of the United States
- Mary Wright, JustFaith Ministries
Morning Track Sessions (select one from "Track" dropdown below):
- Care of Creation/Coal Trains
- Strangers No More
- Models for Collaboration Among Parish and Diocesean Ministries
- Best Practices in Prison and Detention Ministry
Afternoon Track Sessions (select one from "Options (PSM-RG -event Track) 2nd half" dropdown below):
5. Care of Creation/Coal Trains (repeat)
6. Strangers No More (repeat)
7. Models for Collaboration Among Parish and Diocesean Ministries (repeat)
8. Best Practices in Prison and Detention Ministry (repeat)
Optional Interest Meetings (following Saturday's Vigil Mass)
The Parish Social Ministry Regional Training will conclude with Mass (31st Sunday in Ordinary Time).
Reverend Larry J. Snyder, will preside.
Registration - $99.00 (Includes Friday Evening Reception, Saturday Continential Breakfast and Lunch)
Registration is also available by mail. Click here for printable form. On-site registration and limited scholarship
assistance is available. Contact Tina Baldera for more information at (703) 236-6233.
$95.00 - $115.00 (Before Tax)
Event LocationThe Coeur d’Alene Hotel
115 S. 2nd Street
Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814
Lodging Information: The Coeur d’Alene Hotel, 115 S. 2nd St., Coeur d’Alene, ID 83814 $89.00 - $99.00 (Single Rate + Tax) Room rates guaranteed through October 15 1-800-688-5253 (mention Catholic Charities Social Ministry Gathering for discount)