2013 Parish Social Ministry Regional Training
PSM Regional Training in Memphis
"Make Us Channels of your Peace: How Can We Stand with the Poor?"
October 18-19, 2013
St. Benedict at Auburndale High School, Cordova, TN
Parish Social Ministry Regional Trainings are weekend conferences for parish and diocesan leaders to learn more about the Catholic social mission and to discover effective strategies to respond to need and injustice in the parish.
The training provides the opportunity to:
- renew your sense of personal and collective call to follow Christ’s example;
- deepen your understanding of the theological and spiritual foundations of the Catholic social mission and its manifestation in parish social ministry;
- develop leadership skills effective in parish social ministry; and
- connect with people and resources in your diocese and region.
National Presenters include:
- The Most Reverend J. Terry Steib, S.V.D., Bishop of Memphis
- Rev. Larry J. Snyder, Catholic Charities USA
- Sheila Gilbert, Society of St. Vincent de Paul National Council of the United States
- Candy S. Hill, Catholic Charities USA
Morning Track Sessions (select one from "Track" dropdown below):
- Developing Leaders Who Make a Difference (Part I)
- Making an Impact with Advocacy Leaders
- Encouraging Parishes and School Ministries to Provide Effective Direct Service
- Lifelong Formation - Catechesis that Forms our World in the Heart of Jesus (Part I: PreK through Grade 6)
Afternoon Track Sessions (select one from "Options (PSM-RG -event Track) 2nd half" dropdown below):
5. Developing Leaders Who Make a Difference (Part II)
6. Who is my brother? Where is my sister? Best Practices in Global Solidarity
7. Best Practices in Disaster Response-Three Perspectives
8. Lifelong Formation - Catechesis that Forms our World in the Heart of Jesus (Part II: High School, Young/Older
The Parish Social Ministry Regional Training will conclude with Closing Liturgy.
His Excellency the Most Reverend J. Terry Steib, S.V.D., Diocese of Memphis, will preside.
On-site registration is available on Friday, October 18 and Saturday, October 19.
Registration - $15.00 (Includes Friday Evening Reception, Saturday Continental Breakfast, and Lunch) before September 15;
$25 after September 15.
On-site registration and limited scholarship assistance is available. Clock Hours are provided for Catechist and/or Parish Social Ministry Certification. Catholic University of America will provide professional credits.
Event LocationSt. Benedict at Auburndale High School
8250 Varnavas Drive
Cordova, TN 38016
Lodging Information Wingate by Wyndham Memphis 2270 N. Germantown Parkway, Cordova, TN 38016-4487 Room Rate: $84.95 (mention Catholic Charities preferred rate; available until September 15)
The registration deadline for this event has passed.